The shipment of the orders is made through TIPSA or Correos. Shipments are registered by the delivery person at 12 noon, so orders placed after that time, will be sent the next day. Orders placed on weekends, will have an extra delay of 24-48 hours, leaving on Monday, except holidays.
The shipping costs are borne by the Customer and will be added to the total amount of the selected products before confirming the order and finalizing the contracting process. The calculation of shipping costs depends on the place of delivery, the volume and weight of the items. The shipping costs do not include customs fees (taxes and shipping costs) that may be applied to shipments outside the European Union, the Canary Islands, Ceuta and Melilla. Below we detail the shipping costs (VAT included):
- Spain Peninsula:
- FREE for orders over 50€;
- 3,99€ for orders under 50€;
- 3% surcharge (minimum €3.99) as management costs for orders paid by "cash on delivery".
- Spain Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, Ceuta and Melilla:
- 4,99€ for orders over 50€;
- 9,99€ for orders under 50€;
- Portugal Peninsula: 15€.
- Metropolitan France: 20€.
- Countries rest of the European Union: from 9€ to 25€ (according to delivery time: from 2 to 7 business days)
- Argentina, Mexico and the United States: from 30€;
- Countries rest of the world: from 25€.
The delivery time of the orders, once the proof of payment has been received, is the following:
- Delivery in peninsular Spain: 24/48 hours (business days).
- Delivery in Spain Balearic Islands: 48/72 hours (business days).
- Delivery in Spain Canary Islands: 3-4 working days
- Delivery in peninsular Portugal: 24/48 hours (business days).
- Delivery in metropolitan France: 4-5 days working days
- Delivery in EU Countries: up to 5 business days.
- Delivery to Non-EU countries: from 6 days to 6 weeks (depending on the selected shipping method).
The Customer undertakes that he or another designated person is at the address indicated to receive the package. In case of not being the first time, the carrier will insist several times. If the order still could not be delivered, it will be returned to us, with the consequent refund to the Customer of the payment made less the shipping costs or return of the merchandise that will be borne by the Customer.
Conformity in delivery.
The client will have 24 hours to check the completeness of all the components of the order and to check that everything that is due in the included products is included. After these 24 hours the shipment will be accepted and claims for defects or failures with the shipment will not be accepted.
It will be considered delivered an order when the delivery receipt is signed by the customer. It is in the next 24 hours when the customer must verify the products upon receipt of the same and expose all the objections that may exist.
In case of receiving a damaged product for transport it is advisable to contact us within the first 24 hours to be able to claim the incident to the transport company. In the same way it is convenient to leave a record to the company that has carried out the transport.
Customs fees for countries outside the European Union, Canary Islands, Ceuta and Melilla
The shipping costs that you pay when buying a product in our store do not include customs fees. Customs fees apply only for shipments outside the European Union and to areas with a special tax regime such as the Canary Islands, Ceuta and Melilla. In the different customs of the world, fees and costs associated with customs procedures are applied that the buyer must pay (usually to the carrier that usually performs such procedures) in order to receive the product that he has purchased in our online store. These costs are different depending on the product and the country, so we recommend that our customers inform themselves of the associated costs in your country or different tax zone.
As a guideline, the tax rate that must be paid at customs for wristwatches usually varies from 15% in the Canary Islands to 40% that is charged in some countries in America.
Frequently asked questions about customs procedures